Back after a long break from writing an article here and looking forward to a busy Christmas period for us fantasy managers as matchdays come by rather quickly.
It was good to see QPR register their first win of the season, hopefully it should get them on track from here on. Cazorla once again proved his talent with a hatrick against Reading. Liverpool clearly seem to be struggling to keep up with the top.
Looking forward to Week 18, lets get to the best matchups :
Man City vs Reading
Newcastle vs QPR
Swansea vs Man Utd
Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Wigan vs Arsenal
1. Aguero : Clear favorite to start amongst all 4 city forwards and is slowly gaining momentum with his form. He seems to be benefiting from improvement in Silva's form in midfield and surely he will be up there where goals are concerned come the end of the season. The price is just right to get him in.
2. Ba : Great matchup for Newcastle and Ba seems to be in great form. On the other hand QPR have yet to win away from home and its very unlikely that they will win two in a row. Ba seems to be a top pick this week.
3. Mata : Chelsea have found their scoring form under Benitez and Mata/Torres have been on the score sheet a couple of times since his arrival. Mata seems to be involved in most of the play where Chelsea are concerned and seems to be a more productive pick as compared to Torres.
Tevez : Its tough to ignore Man City's fixture at home against Reading who let in 5 goals against Arsenal last week. It looks like a Aguero/ Tevez partnership and in case you want to be allin on City, Tevez could be a good pick.
4. Silva : As i mentioned above, Silva has shown tremendous improvement in his game since the start of the season and no doubt he will be instrumental in most of City's creativity from here on. I would consider him as a must have this week.
5. Cazorla : Season long pick for me.
6. Taarabt : It was about time he exploded and after Harry took over it was more obvious that one man who would benefit would be Taarabt. His talent surprises us all the time and as a fantasy manager i would always look to make place for a player like him in my side.
7. Walcott : Playing out of position and as a striker makes him a good differential going forward. With Negotiations still going on regarding his contract, im sure Wenger will ensure he gets as many starts so that he remains content.
Yaya Toure : Heavy on Man City this week as i feel they are going to explode against Reading and just ensuring you have all the weapons needed for that explosion.
8. Vidic : Given his value and return from injury, he has to be in your team as Man utd prepare to strengthen their defense.At 4.37 he is a steal in my opinion.
9. Vertonghen : Having come off a great weekend where he scored and won his team the game, he has to be in your lineup. He does tend to score and move up the field which is great for a defender.
10. Ivanovic : He is back in contention in our picks after getting on the scoresheet in midweek. He started the season with a bang and scored big numbers in that run. We do hope for similar performance against Aston Villa
Nastasic : Of the Man City defenders he seems to have his place nailed on and preferred over the likes of Lescott. He is reasonably priced at around 8 and has a great chance of a clean sheet.
11. Hart : At 13.32 he is reasonably priced and has a great chance for a clean sheet against Reading. Incase you have spare funds, it would be a good idea to invest in Hart.
Lloris : Good matchup and playing at home make him a good pick this week. Most of you who have him at a heavy discount would be happy with his fixture.
Well thats about it for this week. Lots of games coming up between now and the end of the month, nothing better to ask for really.
Hope you all have a great weekend. Looking forward to the comments section below.