The games of interest this week are Norwich vs Wigan, Man Utd. vs Sunderland, Liverpool vs AstonVilla and Reading vs Arsenal. So a host of good games to pick players from and the ones not mentioned also have alot of potential. Lots to dissect and pick from this week.
The Starting XI
1. Bunn: The Norwich keeper is below the 2 mil mark making him a great choice this week playing home to wigan. A great Bargain.
Options: Lloris again at a discount is a good option with a winnable home game to play in.
2. Bassong: He has been the root of good Norwich performances and surprisingly amongst goals being scored, an excellent combination.
3. Rafael: Although this season Utd. aren't amongst the clean sheets Rafael's attacking prowess gives him the edge with terrible form sufferers Sunderland coming to Old trafford.
4. Vertonghen: Has been very consistent with or without clean sheets being registered and will most probably return his investment.
Options: Vidic is a bargain but keep an eye on him to see if he makes the starting lineup. Garrido is a cheaper option if bassongs out of reach. Having Shorey on discount is a privilege.
5. Cazorla: He doesn't stay quite for too many matches and has the perfect opposition to make his points.
6. Michu: You can't ignore this man, especially with the devastating form he is in. He' fixture proof right now.
7. Sterling: A great performance last time out and an even better opportunity waiting this week.
8. Ashley Young: Young has given two decent performances but was just outside double figure in both. This could be a good outing for him.
Options: Taarabt has been a disappointment off late and if QPR are to register their first win this guy need to put in a good one. Fellaini held on discount can be maintained.
9. Snodgrass: A very pivotal player for the canaries and gets enough big number games to make him a must have for this weekend.
10. Rooney: Much more value for money than RVP and should remain the same story.
11. Suarez: Back from suspension to lead the line for Pool and highest chances to get on the score sheet this weekend.
Options: Defoe scored negative and that has made him affordable. Aguero also cheap for his standards can be in for a good game. RVP only if you prefer him instead of Rooney.
On a personal note:
I'm holding Torres on a discount and taking a 0 for this week. Most might not agree with that decision and in fact I would agree with them if my life depended on scoring big this fantasy weekend..but thankfully it doesn't and even if a score low...I'll survive the weekend. For me Passion for the this game has come from watching certain players over the years that have made the love for this game immense....Torres is one such player for me. I had a conversation with someone during this week who stated that Torres and RVP don't belong in the same sentence with Torres having scored 11 meaningless goals all season and RVP scoring 14 all important all decisive goals. Well I agree with that because for me RVP has no meaning. For me Torres is a great player who made me even more passionate about this sport and I'm not going to start looking him down if he's gotten run down in form. I will support him regardless. He doesn't compare to anyone in my opinion and thats exactly what it is...an opinion, so don't take offence to it. So give respect to everyone's opinion as that is formed through their own experiences through time....they are not always suppose to be based on facts and figures...but on emotions.
Have a good one.